A new feature at Pizza Expo 2020, one exhibitor will host a hands-on demonstration on Tuesday and Wednesday during show hours at the International Pizza Challenge #2 stage area.
Thanks to PizzaCloud, PDQ, California Milk Advisory Board and Pizza e Pasta for sponsoring these demonstrations.
Tuesday, March 31
- 2 – 3 p.m. PDQ Demo: What Your POS Isn’t Doing & What Your POS Provider Isn’t Saying. Speaker/Demonstrator: Larry Fiel, PDQ Signature Systems. POS systems are the lifeblood of restaurant enterprises, yet many of them are anemic when it comes to generating sustained profitability. All too often, the POS vendor over-promises and the POS woefully underperforms. In this educational session, you’ll learn what your POS isn’t doing and what your POS provider isn’t saying!Topics include:
- Increasing sales by 18-30%
- Decreasing tangible expenses, including labor
- Reducing profit-deterring intangibles such as time and effort
- Protecting your store, employees and guests from today’s emerging cyber threats
- Harnessing and understanding “big data”
- Holistic best practices
- Pitfalls to avoid
Larry Fiel is fueled by passion, dedication and an in-depth experience in marketing and technology, Larry has leveraged over 40 years of practical knowledge to help raise the bar for excellence in a variety of industries, including technology, restaurant/hospitality, education and social services. With four academic degrees (including an MBA and MS in MIS), an intuitive understanding of inter-personal relationships and a history of proven success in both business and academia, Larry thrives on educating and mentoring others and making order out of chaos.By exceling in brand creation, development and propagation as well as in strategic marketing, lead generation and marketing communications, Larry has helped foster sustained profitability through increases in revenue and the lowering of both tangible and intangible costs.
- 3 – 4 p.m. CMAB Demo: Featuring Chef Thomas Garnick, owner of Brava Pizza Kitchen in Denver, Colorado. Chef Thomas is the Grand Prize Winner of the California Milk Advisory Board’s 2019 Pizza Contest. He will share his philosophy, creativity and experiences at the 202 Pizza Expo!
Wednesday, April 1
- 2 – 3 p.m. PizzaCloud Demo: Using New Technology to Increase Revenue and Eliminate Outages. Speaker/Demonstrator: John P. Scully, PizzaCloud
- 3 – 4 p.m. Pizza e Pasta Demo: Mastering the Art of Roman Pizza – Attendees will learn how to create both Roman Pizza in Teglia (Pan) and in Pala (hearth baked) using one master dough that is prepared “In Giornata” (dough made and baked in the same day). This unique opportunity to learn from two highly respected Master Instructors from the oldest pizza school in Italy, Scuola Italiana Pizzaioli, will teach you how to make this a high hydration dough that utilizes three different flours (Doppio Zero, Tipo 1, & Semola Rimacinata) to create a crust that is light, crispy, and highly digestible. Speakers/Demonstrators:Maestri Graziano Bertuzzo and Master Istruttore Leo Spizzirri